A touring motorcycle is a type of motorcycle designed for touring. Although almost any motorcycle can be used for this purpose, manufacturers have developed specific models designed to excel at covering long distances.
Touring motorcycles commonly have large-displacement engines, fairings and windscreens that offer a high degree of weather and wind protection, large-capacity fuel tanks for long ranges between fill-ups, engines with a great deal of low-end horsepower, large amount of storage and a relaxed, upright seating position that allows you to ride for hours at a time. Passenger accommodation is excellent and expansive luggage space is the norm for this class.
- Best for extended riding period
- Average seat height equipped with wide seats made for comfort
- Upright neutral riding position with mid-range handlebars
- Contains large front fairing to protect the rider from wind and weather elements
- Engine sizes can range from 1000cc to 1800cc
- Ideal for intermediate/advanced riders due to the bike’s weight and size