Naked bikes, also called standards or roadsters, are versatile, general-purpose street motorcycles.
They are recognized primarily by their upright riding position, partway between the reclining rider posture of the cruisers and the forward leaning sport bikes. Footpegs are below the rider and handlebars are high enough to not force the rider to reach too far forward, placing the shoulders above the hips in a natural position. Because of their flexibility, lower costs, and moderate engine output, naked bikes are particularly suited to motorcycle beginners. They usually do not come with fairings or windscreens, or if they have them, they are relatively small.
- All-purpose functionality, from touring to commuting
- Average seat height
- Upright neutral riding position with low to mid-range handlebars
- Usually does not contain any front fairing
- Engine sizes can range from 125cc to 1300cc
- Great choice for new riders and all-skill levels